Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Your West Area Offices!

Given that our West Area Offices were under construction during RA Training and we couldn't offer our usual formal tour of the offices then, we're going to offer a virtual tour on this blog!

First stop, the West Area Office (WAO) in North Carrick Hall:


This is where you will find the lovely Kathy Morgan. 


She is the West Area Administrative Support Assistant III.  Kathy is in the WAO 8am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-4:45pm, Monday-Friday.  When Kathy is in the WAO it is open and accessible.  During non-business hours, RAs need to be accompanied by a head staff member to gain access to the WAO.

Sometimes Kathy is in a meeting during business hours, so you can always call first to be sure the WAO is open.  The number is 865-974-4201.

Also in the WAO you will find our West Area Assistant Director, and our fearless Wampus Cat leader, Anna Hobby. 


Anna and Kathy both love to have RA visitors.  Please stop by and say hi!

The WAO is also where our copy machine is housed.  You can use this copy machine for work related purposes such as copying your bulletin boards.  Just be kind and gentle to our dear copier.  It tends to cooperate more that way.  :)


Additionally in the WAO, you will find my mailbox.  It is labeled WAGA for West Area GA.  If you need to submit reimbursements or advanced funds requests when I'm not in my office, you can drop them in this mailbox.  Please just be sure your hall director has approved and signed off on your request first.  In some of your buildings, your hall director will turn your requests into the WAO for you, after signing off on them.  Check with your hall director on your building's protocol.



Speaking of my office, let's head over there.  The West Area Programming Office (WAPO) is in South Carrick Hall. 



To gain access to the WAPO when I'm not there, you can check out the key from the South Carrick front desk.  This is where you can find the lovely South Carrick Administrative Support Assistant II, Sandie White.


The key for the WAPO can be checked out 7 days a week, 8am-1am.  You need to bring your driver's license to check out the key.  Don't forget to return the key when you are done in the WAPO!

Now, in the WAPO you can find many great goodies.  We have butcher paper, construction paper, die cuts, balloons, ribbon, a helium tank, fabric for bulletin boards, and borders for bulletin boards.  The laminator is also in the WAPO, although the laminator cord needs to be checked out during business hours from Kathy in the WAO, as a safety precaution. 



We even have Wampus Cat treats and Wampus Cat reading material!  :)



In the WAPO, we also have bulletin boards in a bag (BBBs). 


These are pre-made bulletin boards on a variety of topics.  To use these you take the BBB out, make a copy of it in the WAO, and put the original BBB back in the BBB folder.  Please do not remove the original BBBs from the WAPO.  Then, they will not be available for other RAs to use.  :(

In the WAPO, we make every effort to maintain a steady supply of scissors, pens, glue, glue sticks, staples and stapler, and tape.  However, sometimes these supplies mysteriously grow legs and walk out of the WAPO.  If you really need these supplies for whatever you intend to make in the WAPO, you may want to bring them with you on your way to the WAPO.

That being said, please do not remove provided supplies such as scissors, pens, glue, glue sticks, staples and stapler, and tape from the WAPO.

Please also make efforts to keep the WAPO clean, out of respect for your fellow RAs and our lovely housekeeping staff.

Also in the WAPO you will find my office. 


Who am I?  I'm Suzanne Stambaugh, your West Area Graduate Assistant, also known as your resident Lady WAGA.  



I'm a Ph.D. student in Counseling Psychology at UT.  This is my 6th year working for UT Housing.  This is my 4th year as the WAGA.  I also spent 2 years working as an Assistant Resident Manager at Sutherland Village Apartments.  I was an RA at my undergrad, the University of Florida, where I got my Bachelor of Science in Psychology in 2005.

If any of you are interested in graduate school in psychology, I'd be glad to chat with you about my experience and answer any questions you may have!

In case you haven't noticed, I love to blog!  If you like, you can check out my personal blog here.

I love all cats, especially Wampus Cats!  My fiancĂ©, Jared, even proposed to me by putting the engagement ring on the collar of our cat (and your Wampus Cat Mascot), Paws.


We love cats and are even going to have cat wedding cake toppers at our May 2011 wedding.  No, I'm not kidding:

 

We love cats that much!  :)

I love RA visitors, so please feel free to stop by!  I am in my office 12 hours a week.  You can view my office hours here.

You can also reach my by phone, 865-974-9511, and e-mail, sstambau@utk.edu

My office where you will pick up your reimbursement/advanced funds checks from. 

I hope this helps you feel more familiar with our West Area Offices.  Please stop by and say hello!

1 comment: